Creating a Healthier World
The NAHA is an organization dedicated to improving the health and lives of individuals and communities through exercise, nutrition, and healthy life patterns.
Americans are inactive and unhealthy which contributes to many chronic diseases that burden the healthcare system both in time and cost. This trend is not sustainable for individuals nor the future of the American health system. We want to be a leader in the promotion of health and the primary prevention of disease in the United States.
Benefits of Exercise (abridged list)
Bodyweight exercises are gaining ground in the fitness world due to the practicality and simplicity of getting in shape using your own body weight. Planks are one form of bodyweight exercises that will never go out of fashion.
Planks are one of the most effective exercises you can do. Why? Because they require a small time investment on your part, and offer the chance to achieve substantial results in a relatively short span of time.
- Brain Health
- Lowers dementia risk
- Lowers stroke risk
- Improves focus, memory, and attention
- Lowers depression risk and improves mood
- Heart Health
- Lower coronary artery disease risk and improves cardiac output.
- Improved breathing and lung capacity.
- Improves kidney function and reduces end stage renal disease.
- Improved joint movement and decreased pain
- Lowers Blood Pressure
- Diabetes risk reduction
- Weight loss
- Improves strength, flexibility, and agility
- Improves balance and decreases fall risk
Dr. Shawn S. Wallery
- Doctor of Chiropractic
- Medical Doctor
- Medical Director of Neurovascular and Stroke
- Medical Director of ALS Association Clinic
- Board Certified in Neurology
- Board Certified in Neuromuscular Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine UICSOM
- Duke University Integrative Health Coach Professional
- Certification Strength and Conditioning Coach (NSCA)